TestDriven.Net - Product Information
TestDriven.NET is a zero friction unit testing add-in for Microsoft Visual Studio. The current release of TestDriven.NET supports multiple unit testing frameworks including NUnit, xUnit and MSTest and is compatible with all versions of the .NET Framework.
TestDriven.NET allows a developer to run (or debug) their tests from within Visual Studio with a single-click.
(Click above to see TestDriven.NET in use)
Test Driven Development is the practice of writing unit tests for your code before you actually write that code. By writing a test and then writing the code to make that test pass you have a much better idea of what the goal and purpose of your code is. Test Driven Development encourages complete code coverage, which not only increases the quality of your code, but allows you to refactor the internals of a method or class and quickly and easily test the outside interface of an object.
TestDriven.NET was developed for a number of years under the name NUnitAddIn.
- Run unit tests within any method, class, namespace, project or solution
with a single-click
- Quickly evaluate any method or property as an ad-hoc test
- Jump to any method, type, project or reference inside .NET
- While debugging view any module or stack frame inside .NET
- Supports multiple unit testing frameworks including NUnit, MbUnit, xUnit and
- Runs in its own process for side-effect free testing
- Allows you to easily debug or run code coverage on any target tests
- Supports all major .NET languages (C#, VB, C++ and F#)
- Plus much, much more.
TestDriven.Net is compatible with Microsoft Visual Studio 2008 to 2015 running on Windows XP to Windows 10 (and equivalent Windows Server versions).